Thursday, April 05, 2007

Tonight is our last night in Miami. Here's some of the people who were a part of our lives out here:

0329071556.jpg
Dave G. has the honor of being one of my all time favorite people in TV news! This guy was going to StarTrek conventions when I was still in diapers! We had many discussions that would likely have most of you shaking your heads. :)
IMG_2156
Ralph M. was recently profiled in the Miami Herald! He's into the crazy movie making like Dave and me. It's too bad our schedules conflicted because I think we could have had fun. Ralph also has a last name similar
enough to mine that I often received nextel beeps meant for him. This happened most often during hurricane coverage and Ralph and I were ineveitably working opposite shifts! D'oh! Did you get beeps for me in the middle of sleep time, too? :)

IMG_2223
Manny A. will certainly be missed! I can't imagine a reporter having a bad day when working with this guy. If somebody were to follow him around with a camera all day, they would come home with reality show gold. I've blogged about Manny before if you go searching through the archives!
IMG_2237
Al S. and I had plenty of undercover adventures together!
IMG_2241
Here's the cake they got us for our last day at work! Isn't this nice? Thanks guys! It really meant a lot to us.
IMG_2268
Sean K. is a super cool guy. I hope he writes his book about his theories on..well...pretty much everything!
IMG_2292
haha, this is a great picture of Lucho D! Whenever my nextel would chirp, there was a good chance it would be this guy on the other end. There was also a good chance it was actually for Ralph M.
IMG_2299
Maggie R. anchored the CBS network morning news a couple of Saturdays ago. She was fantastic!! She's also a super sweet person! Someday I'll be able to point to this picture and say 'I knew her when'.
IMG_2305
Miguel F. was busy on the phone. This did not, however, prevent me from taking a silly picture with him!
IMG_2306
Farah's a sweeeeeetie!
IMG_2309
Uhm... I actually don't know who this is. I was giving hugs to everybody else on the desk and well, I didn't want to leave anybody out! ;) This must be one of our many interns. Whenever I am out with them people think they are training me! Oh, Miami, you have aged me though. 3 years ago I was guessed to be 12. Last week I was thought to be 14.


IMG_2311
Stephanie is very cool...except for all those times she called me in early. haha!
IMG_2323
Donna is a genius! She's absolutely brilliant. She has a phd in everything and is an invaluable resource to the station. She's so much fun to work with, too!
IMG_2326
Abby's super nice! I'll miss you!
IMG_2334
I'll miss having weekly sci-fi discussions with Greg! Enjoy the 2nd half of season 10, Greg!
IMG_2337
Here's my boss, Curt C. Determined to make him a Stargate fan I bought him season one on dvd as a 'thanks for being a cool chief, but I'm going to Hollywood!' gift. He was a sport and posed ala Stephen Colbert. Curt's a super cool chief to work for... even if he wouldn't let me take my brand new midnight blue Nissan Exterra news car with me to Cali! :)
IMG_2352
Mike K. is an awesome reporter. I have the utmost respect for him!
IMG_2371
Nef is going to be at the airport the same time as us tomorrow! So no goodbye till tomorrow!!
IMG_2357
Jim R. is one of 4's very talented photogs. And no, that's not a new do I'm sporting. It was real windy the other day!
IMG_0549
Big Sho! We had some crazy times together! My last story in Miami was with him. It was certainly a memorable night! hahaha.
0402071343.jpg
Here's JohnnyD! He actually reads my blog! :) He's a great guy and a great photog.
IMG_2170
I wish I'd seen Gary before leaving! Our paths never crossed my last day. I take that back, I saw him driving away from the station as I was returning from my live shot. Oh well. Take care, Gary! It was fun! Give Princess and Buckles a pet on the head for me.

So many other people I'd like to mention... but I have to get some sleep! I've gotta plane to catch! Goodbye, Miami! Keep in touch everyone! My email is in my profile.

1 comment:

ewink said...

Dude! Where have I been? Congrats on the new job! Good luck and everything!