Friday, March 07, 2008

I'm back! Well, I didn't actually go anywhere... I've been neglecting my poor blog. :) So what have I been up to besides NOT blogging? Geeky sci-fi stuff, of course!

IMG_9901

Well, you can't say I didn't warn you! Here I am jumping through the Guardian from the original Trek episode 'The City on the Edge of Forever'. My personal fave... but yeah, it's everybody's favorite!

IMG_9948
Dave, Meredith and I paid the Star Trek exhibit in Long Beach a visit a few weeks ago. It was Angie heaven!!

STTNG
Of course we had to be the outcasts among oucasts. You see, they have replicas of the original and next gen bridges. Everybody, for a price, can get their picture taken on the bridge and have characters from the series superimposed on board. We saw where the characters were going to be and posed this way for the picture:
Very Serious Official Star Trek Picture Taker: You can't pose like that.
Me: Oh don't worry, it'll be fine.
Very Serious Official Star Trek Picture Taker: I can't take this picture. You're ruining it!
Me: Don't worry, this is the way we want it to be.
Very Seriouis Official Star Trek Picture Taker: It's not going to work! The characters are going to be in front of you!
Me: It'll work. This is what we want.
Very Serious Official Star Trek Picture Taker: No, I can't take this. Your picture will be ruined!
At this point, I'd had it. All we're doing was having fun with a picture that we were paying for. I know some take Trek extremely serious, but to be so offended by this was actually funnier than the picture itself. Thanks for stealing the blog show, crazy trekker guy! ;)
Anyway, I looked this guy directly in the eyes daring him to refuse one more time. My tone went from casual, happy-go-lucky-I'll-eventually-kill-this-wierdo-with kindness-- to very serious official Star Trek fan wanting her freaking picture taken.
Me: If you do not shoot us with that camera-- we will shoot you with phasers AND photon torpedos. We have seen every episode of every Trek incarnation many, many, many, many times so do not think we do not know how to use this!
Ok, Ok, I didn't do that. That would have been cool though. What I did say was:
Me: Awesome! Let's ruin it!
Very Serious Official Star Trek Picture Taker:......fine.....it's your picture....

Here's a few more pictures from that day, then I have to goto work!
IMG_9950
IMG_9997
STTOS
IMG_9977
IMG_9972


IMG_9937

Oh one more thing, the video posted a couple of posts down was Dave taking the StarTrek-greenscreen-insert-you-into-an-episodelator a little bit less seriously than a lot of the folks attending! He strayed from a script a little bit as you can probably tell! Everybody got a kick out of it.
Outcasts among outcasts-- out :)

No comments: