Monday, March 24, 2008

First, things first--- Happy Birthday to my Uncle John! He's 66 year old today. :)
IMG_0468
Last week we went to Yosemite to celebrate (a little early) our 3rd anniversary!
IMG_0476
I've always wanted to goto Yosemite. It's just crazy to live out west as long as I have and not make it to the most beautiful park in the world!
Yosemite_Panorama-01
Day one we decided to hike from our hotel to Mirror Lake. And we took....the road less traveled.
IMG_0349
I could have sworn we were still on the trail!
IMG_0346
There was a bit o water rushing through so I was hopping from rock to rock to avoid getting wet. And you all know how graceful I am! In case you don't--- I got wet. :)
IMG_0447
We continued onward on this poorly marked trail braving slippery slopes...
IMG_0240
IMG_0298
Climbing treacherous mountains... ok ok... those two shots were totally posed. And so is:
IMG_0328
this one! We are many things. Climbers of mountains...we are not!
IMG_0292
After hiking forever to get to Mirror Lake, we are greeted by:
IMG_0451
A sign telling us the 'trail' we were on was closed.

IMG_0481
We did eventually make it to Mirror Lake by taking the less adventurous paved trail. And now for something completely different:
IMG_0544
Uhm....
IMG_0620
Anyway... Yosemite was soooo peaceful! We loved it!
IMG_0170
Just have to watch out for Yogi!

No comments: